Pact shooting – Clothing

In class we were testing how to shoot clothing and the kinds of things required to achieve a professional looking image. All of these images were taken using a 3 point lighting system, 1 light was in the front and slightly above the image and the other two were behind on either side of the backdrop to illuminate the background. A white card reflector was placed in front of the products to punch light back up onto the bottom of the products which seemed to appear darker at the bottom before the reflector was added.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

All the images in the slideshow are unedited and straight from the camera.

BA Photo 20009

This is a photo of the coat with very little alterations to it apart from adjusting the collar and removing some of the dust on the garment. As you can see the sleeves are not hanging the same way and there isn’t equal spacing on either side of the image of the sleeves. The colour of the coat is also inaccurate on this image so it would be bad to send a client this image to use to display the coats as the coat is darker than the image and would result in complaints from customers.

BA Photo 20018

This is the final image we were able to get of the coat, the arms appear to be an equal distance apart from the body. I have edited the image down so the cropping is better and the rolled up paper used to fill the sleeves has been edited out.There was a lot of adjusting of the garment to create this image such as making sure the pocket zip was laying flat and that the coats collar was as level as we could possibly get it and adding paper tubes in the arms to film them out as a person wearing a coat would. The coat was pulled back using a clip to make the coat more fitted to bust within the coat.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

All images in the slideshow have not been edited and are straight from the camera.

BA Photo 20033

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

All the images in the slideshow are unedited and straight from the camera.

BA Photo 20046

This is the final  image, I edited out the blue rolled up paper which was used to fill out the arms by using the clone stamp tool and smudge tool to try blend where the clone stamp was used to the original background. To stiffen up the collar of the shirt layers of tape were used, pieces of paper were also used on either side of the collar to keep it propped up. I used the clone stamp to remove white speckles from the garment too as I found them a little distracting and if a client was to blow up the image they would be able to notice them all. A small clip was used on the back of the garment to pull it tight to fit better on the bust and tape was used on the sleeves in a similar way as well as to correct the way they were posed.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

All the images in the slideshow are unedited and straight from the camera.

BA Photo 20055

This is the final image I have selected from the shots of the shirt, I have edited out the rolled up blue paper tubes used to fill out the arms using clone tool and did the same with the white specs on the shirts. I also edited out the the bust which you could see in the collar using the clone and smudge tools on photoshop to make it appear more natural. I didn’t edit the levels of the image or the colour balance as I thought this image showed the true colour of the shirt.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s